Last Update: January 2021
Steve Laws Report (SLR) is a website owned and operated by Steve Laws. As such SLR are entitle to process and control Personal Data. SLR are required by Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation to publish information relating to this.
Contact: [email protected]
Transparency: The reasons, purposes and retention periods for which SLR process personal data, including any specified lawful basis or legitimate interest are detailed below. These include data they obtains from you directly.
Profiling: The aim is to create and maintain a profile for each party interested in SLR services, reporting and content. SLR only process data that you have volunteered.
Rights: Current data protection legislation affords you rights including;
- Access; You may request a copy of your personal information.
- Rectification; You have the right to ask SLR to rectify information you think is inaccurate.
- Completion; You have the right to ask SLR to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Deletion; You have the right to ask SLR to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Restriction; You have the right to ask SLR to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Objection; You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Portability; You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- Payment; You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we will respond to you within twelve weeks.
Processing and Storage: We use recognised service providers to host and or process your information on our behalf. These services come with a guarantee of technical and organisational measures that meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. At all times we remain the controller of your data. Providers only process data upon our instructions to them. This is best practice.
Protection and Security: Your information will be encrypted and stored on SLR’s domestic and international servers as well as on physical computers or devices in SLR’s possession. Wherever possible all data is encrypted.
Data Sharing: SLR may choose to share your information with other organisations.
Complaints: You have the right to complain. If you are unhappy with how SLR use your information, please contact us directly. You may also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Information Source: Data is volunteered by the users of this website. When you register as a supporter or a subscriber SLR ask you for information that enables us to manage our relationship, notify you of changes to our website and policies, to engage with you in relation to our aims and objectives and to enable us to carry out due diligence. Without this information SLR cannot know, understand or communicate with you. SLR will keep this data indefinitely as long as it remains relevant or until you ask us to delete it.
Please note: SLR use Analytics software and statistics packages to track visitors to our website and your IP addresses will be captured.
This policy is reviewed regularly and subject to change at anytime.